Vandals toppled more than 170 gravestones at Chesed Shel Emeth cemetery in St. Louis sometime over the weekend. Vandals damage 100 headstones at Jewish cemetery, police say Via ...Read more
Activists scaled the Statue of Liberty and unfurled a “Refugees Welcome” banner across the national monument in New York. The protest took place after Donald Trump announced he was ...Read more
A plane that crashed into a shopping center in Melbourne, killing four US tourists on a golfing trip and their Australian pilot, had a “catastrophic engine failure” shortly after takeoff, ...Read more
- Sun Records: Margaret Anne Florence on Playing the Other WomanInterestingly enough, Florence was born and raised in Charleston, S. C., and has deep roots in Memphis as her mother grew up there in the 50s. So you might say, this project is one dear to her heart.
- Justin Moore and Company Celebrate “You Look Like I Need a Drink”It was a crowded stage at the South saloon in Nashville Tuesday afternoon (Feb. 21) as Justin Moore stood there celebrating with the three writers and three producers of his fifth No. 1 Billboard single, “You Look Like I Need a Drink.” Co-written by Rodney Clawson, Natalie Hemby and Matt Dragstrem, the song hit the... […]
- Zac Brown: A Conduit to Get Things DoneWhen Trisha Yearwood took the stage to open the 2017 Country Radio Seminar in Nashville with “The Star-Spangled Banner,” Zac Brown removed his hat and held it over his heart. It was a small gesture, perhaps, but it spoke volumes about the kind of man Brown is. And when it was his turn to take... […]
- World Premiere Video: Midland’s “Drinkin’ Problem”Look out, officers. The members of Midland are on the run and having way too much fun in their new video for “Drinkin’ Problem.” One part Dukes of Hazzard and one part Smokey and the Bandit, the video for “Drinkin’ Problem” is all action and outlaw. Romancing the pretty girls, running moonshine– and most importantly,... […]
- Hillary Clinton’s ‘Fight Song’ is driving some people nutsCelebrities perform “Fight Song” for a video played at the Democratic National Convention. It’s Hillary Clinton’s fight song, but some listeners don’t have a lot of fight left in them. Before and after the Democratic nominee takes the stage at rallies, her campaign inevitably plays the 2015 pop hit “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten.
- Rock band Third Eye Blind taunts Republicans at concert during RNCThe rock band Third Eye Blind frustrated some guests at a charity concert held during the Republican National Convention on Tuesday. In tweets posted on the official Third Eye Blind account, the band indicated it was pleased the show upset some in the audience. “I have never been more disappointed,” wrote a Twitter user named […]
- Teen Violinist Nails ‘Star Wars’ Theme Song With LightsabersJeffrey Ding He has been posting violin videos on YouTube since 2011, but his latest cover — playing John Williams’s “Force Theme” from Star Wars with a special-effects bow that looks like a light saber — has gotten the most attention by far. Since it appeared on Jan. 9, it has more than 40,000 views […]
- Raffi’s Joyous New Album: Exclusive PremiereThis month, more than 20 albums after Raffi’s seminal Baby Beluga first took toddlers by storm, the children’s troubadour will release a brand-new one: Owl Singalong. The jubilant mix of covers (“Garden Song,” “Abiyoyo,” “Somos el Barco”) and originals (“Green Dream,” “See the Moon”) hits stores on Jan. 15 (preorder here). But until then, Yahoo […]