Attorney General Jeff Sessions has stated his support for the federal government’s use of private prisons, overriding a previous Obama-era memo meant to phase out their use. U.S. ...Read more
President Trump said it would be “wonderful” if no nation had nuclear arms, but otherwise the US must be “top of the pack”. He has stated that the US has “fallen ...Read more
The Trump administration’s new action on immigration was met with a fierce rebuttal by Mexico’s Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray. Videgaray stated that Mexico would not accept some of the ...Read more
- Nikki Lane: Inside the Life of a Highway QueenNikki Lane had a pretty treacherous drive home from the 30th annual MusicFest in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Days before our CMT.com interview, she was in the drivers’ seat of a rental Durango with no chains on the tires navigating the way home in a snow storm. It was a complete white-out with little to no... […]
- ICYMI: Sun Records Behind The Scenes [PHOTOS]If you haven't watched the series premiere of Sun Records, do it now. However, if you have and can't get enough of the giant roster of rock 'n' rollers, enjoy the many behind-the-scenes photos taken by the actors on location in Memphis.
- Aubrie Sellers: Calling It as She Sees ItAubrie Sellers, a member of CMT Next Women of Country, jokes she’s become a master at seeing through “other people’s crap,” and it shows in the observant songs on her breakout album New City Blues. “Magazines” casts a sarcastic eye on celebrity culture. In “Paper Doll,” she knows where she stands in a sea of... […]
- LOCASH Revels in First No. 1 Single, “I Know Somebody”You could have crowd-surfed the entire length of Nashville’s Lower Broadway late Thursday evening (Feb. 23) as guests trampling each other’s feet poured into the Valentine saloon to celebrate the writers of LOCASH‘s first No. 1 single, “I Know Somebody.” Jointly written by Rhett Akins, Ross Copperman and Jeremy Stover, “I Know Somebody” was also... […]
- Hillary Clinton’s ‘Fight Song’ is driving some people nutsCelebrities perform “Fight Song” for a video played at the Democratic National Convention. It’s Hillary Clinton’s fight song, but some listeners don’t have a lot of fight left in them. Before and after the Democratic nominee takes the stage at rallies, her campaign inevitably plays the 2015 pop hit “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten.
- Rock band Third Eye Blind taunts Republicans at concert during RNCThe rock band Third Eye Blind frustrated some guests at a charity concert held during the Republican National Convention on Tuesday. In tweets posted on the official Third Eye Blind account, the band indicated it was pleased the show upset some in the audience. “I have never been more disappointed,” wrote a Twitter user named […]
- Teen Violinist Nails ‘Star Wars’ Theme Song With LightsabersJeffrey Ding He has been posting violin videos on YouTube since 2011, but his latest cover — playing John Williams’s “Force Theme” from Star Wars with a special-effects bow that looks like a light saber — has gotten the most attention by far. Since it appeared on Jan. 9, it has more than 40,000 views […]
- Raffi’s Joyous New Album: Exclusive PremiereThis month, more than 20 albums after Raffi’s seminal Baby Beluga first took toddlers by storm, the children’s troubadour will release a brand-new one: Owl Singalong. The jubilant mix of covers (“Garden Song,” “Abiyoyo,” “Somos el Barco”) and originals (“Green Dream,” “See the Moon”) hits stores on Jan. 15 (preorder here). But until then, Yahoo […]