Governor Larry Hogan today announced that the notorious Baltimore City Detention Center (BCDC) – Men’s Detention Center will close immediately, bringing to an end the facility’s long ...Read more
A new study released Tuesday shows that the District of Columbia is sinking, and projects that the city could drop by more than six inches over the next 100 years. The research, conducted by ...Read more
GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump disputed claims from a female lawyer who said he called her “disgusting” when she asked to take a break to breast-pump during a 2011 ...Read more
- Lynn Anderson, “Rose Garden” Hitmaker, Dead at 67Lynn Anderson, who earned a Grammy with her 1970 hit, “Rose Garden,” died Friday (July 31) in Nashville’s Vanderbilt Medical Center at the age of 67. Lynn Rene Anderson was born Sept. 26, 1947 in Grand Forks, North Dakota, to noted songwriters Liz and Casey Anderson. She grew up in Sacramento, California. Apart from her... […]
- Size Doesn’t Matter to A Thousand HorsesIt’s been an exceptional year for A Thousand Horses, who have seen most of the U.S. from their tour bus while opening shows in arenas and amphitheaters for headliner Darius Rucker. However, the band got its start in the clubs, and the members say it’s fun to go back to the smaller venues. “It’s awesome,”... […]
- CMA Songwriters Series Reveals More Than SongsWhen you put four country songwriters up on a stage together and give them microphones, they’re going to do more than play you hit songs. They’re going to let you in on some secrets of the music business. And that’s just what happened on Thursday night (July 30) at Joe’s Bar in Chicago when Brett... […]
- Dierks Bentley, Thomas Rhett Looking for MermaidsSo … Dierks Bentley and Thomas Rhett walk into a mermaid bar. That quip is hardly the start of a joke. They actually did walk into a mermaid bar, and the evidence is a hilarious photo posted on Bentley’s Instagram page of them at the legendary Sip ‘N Dip Tiki Lounge at the O’Haire Motor... […]
- Lollapalooza: This Is How James Bay Decided on His Signature LookAfter his performance at Lollapalooza on Friday, we chatted with the English crooner about his onstage presence and affinity for hats.
- Lollapalooza: Watch the Live StreamThe three-day music festival features performances by Paul McCartney, Metallica and Florence and the Machine, among others.
- The top 10 songs and albums on the iTunes StoreiTunes' Official Music Charts for the week ending July 30, 2015:
- Broadway's buzzy 'Hamilton' music to the ears of founding father's fansBy Jill Serjeant NEW YORK (Reuters) - Broadway hip-hop musical "Hamilton" is the hottest ticket in town this summer, and George Cox is, in a word, ecstatic. Cox, founder of Seattle-based Alexander Hamilton Scholars, is one of thousands of Americans who have toiled for years to promote the much-neglected legacy of one of the founding […]